Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where I've Been

I have not been able to blog much lately. It's not because I have not wanted to, but there have been other things going on. Mainly, I have been TRANSCRIBING!!! Yeah. I did not find a medical transcription job and I do not have full time yet. But God has provided something that I hope will turn into full time and is (in my opinion) much better than medical. I am transcribing sermons. Yes, sermons. It is great. I sit around and listen to sermons all day and type out everything the Pastor says.

I still need prayer that I will be able to get full time (the reasons for that will be in another blog...not enough time now) and that I will improve my writing and typing skills quickly. Neither of these skills are horrible, but the better they are the better my job goes.

So by the end of a day spent typing, I really don't feel like typing more. I will however, continue to blog.

Also...on a different note...yesterday we were completely blessed by someone we don't know, have never met, and may never see again. We were in a store the other day and I "just happened" to see an add on a bulletin for someone who was giving away little boy clothes. I called and talked to her and the next day we went to her house and looked through a bunch of stuff and came away with two heaping bags of stuff for Logan...all FREE!!! Even while I type this, my eyes well up. Not really because we got free stuff (although that is great) but because God continues to show His blessings.

God knows our needs and is always reminding us of this. It was such a blessing and a pick-me-up to get this stuff. I thought about asking her why she was having people come into her house and then just give stuff away. She could have sold it. She could have dropped it off at the Goodwill. But she didn't. I didn't ask. I really wanted to. But.I.couldn't. I felt that I was just supposed to accept the blessing without asking. Without supplying my mind with reason. But with taking a blessing for what it was...a blessing. No questions. No being too proud to accept. Just letting God say, "Hey, I know what you need and I am always going to provide."

God provides. He always has. He always will. No questions.

2 comments:

Carl8ta said...

Happy New Year!


We WILL WILL WILL get together this year!!!!!!

thinking about you lots recently

Davene said...

Hey, Kristen!

Just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going. I know you've got your hands full, so no pressure about blogging, OK? :) But I did want you to know I'm thinking about you!